Home > Recruitment
Associate Professor Position
in Information and Communication Sciences Division,
EcoTopia Science Institute, Nagoya University
Information and Communication Science Division invites applications for an associate professor position to lead the research project in the area of communication systems for the realization of EcoTopia.
For EcoTopia, the society with sustainable development and environmental friendliness, it is necessary to realize total optimization by connecting a variety of social elements, such as human, material, energy, environmental systems, and transport systems. Communication is a key factor of this system of the systems. Our division publicly recruits an associate professor who carries out the project that develops and evaluates communication systems to collect multi-media information and to control various systems in wide areas aiming the realization of EcoTopia.
|Recruitment:||One Associate Professor|
|Project period:||9 years (until the end of March 2019 )|
|Qualifications:||Applicants should possess
1) Ph.D. degree
2) knowledge and experience which consists with the project theme
3) ability to promote the education of graduate students in Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, the Graduate School of Engineering, Nagoya University, in corporation with the faculty members of the department (http://www.nuee.nagoya-u.ac.jp).
|Starting date:||October 1. 2010. or earliest possible date after October 1.|
|(1) CV(free format, attach a photograph, include email address)
(2) Title and summary of the research plan (2 pages), which should be consistent with the Project Theme.
(3) List of publications (papers, proceedings, books, patents, etc.)*Underline the name of applicant.
(4) Representative papers (original or copy, up to 5 items) * Mark these items on'(3) List of research accomplishments'.
(5) Summary of research experience (about 2 pages)
(6) Other accomplishments such as awards, competitive research funds (amount and your position), invited lectures.
(7) Contact information of two references familiar with your achievements (if any: optional)
Note: All items should be printed on A4 (or USA-Letter) size papers. In addition, all items except item (1)and (4) should be provided also as PDF files in a USB memory stick.
|5PM on July 30, 2010|
Prof. Osamu Takai
* Please write in red, on the front of the envelope, as "Application for Information and Communication Sciences Division", and send by a registered mail.
* Please allow that no documents (including USB memory stick) will be returned.
Prof. Masaaki Katayama
(Please drop *'s before/after @ in sending Email.)
Tel: +81-52-789-4430 Fax: +81-52-789-3173
Address: Furo C3-1(631), Chikusa, Nagoya 464-8603, Japan